Hi Team,

My experience with the Iceberg community shows that there are some sizeable
userbase around Hive 2.x. I have seen patches, contributions to Hive 2.3.x
branches, and the tests are in much better shape there.

I would definitely vote for EOL Hive 1.x, but until we have a stable 4.x, I
would be cautious about slashing 2.x, 3.x branches.

Just my 2 cents.

Peter