Hi Sungwoo,

I know one issue: if that config is set to Metastore in that case it does
create some issues, those entries are persisted in the *RUNTIME_STATS *table
and if you drop a table the entry still stays, so if you have some drop
table and you recreate the table and shoot a query before
*RuntimeStatsCleanerTask
*can clean the stale entry, your plans for the newer table will be screwed
till then.

There is a ticket for that here [1], most probably we need to find a way to
drop those stats on drop table or make sure the newer tables can figure out
the stats are stale, the catch is the *RUNTIME_STATS *doesn't have table
name mapping so to do a drop that should be a good effort, I haven't spent
much time investigating so there might be better ways as well.

-Ayush

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-26978