Hi Mateusz,

Please see inline

On 2/17/2016 11:30 AM, mp wrote:
Denis,

Please see below for answers.

Cheers,
-Mateusz

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 10:18 PM, Denis Magda <dma...@gridgain.com <mailto:dma...@gridgain.com>> wrote:

    Hi Mateusz,

    I've revisited the whole discussion from the beginning and should
    say that the solution based on the distributed queue won't work
    for you even if all the issues listed below are fixed.

    Presently you're placing in the queue tasks coming form different
    nodes with different class versions. Even if the tasks are stored
    in the queue in a binary form they have to be deserialized to an
    original form before execution. This will lead to
    ClassNotFoundExceptions in your case.

No, I'm not filling the queue with different class versions. My test case is quite simple. Please check the original description specified in http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/Distributed-queue-problem-with-peerClassLoading-enabled-tp1762p1780.html

In 1.4.0 it works as follows:

1. A server node is started.
2. Client node (which acts as a server as well) is started, creates a queue, fills it with 100 tasks, and both nodes are polling tasks from the queue. When the queue is empty (all tasks called), the test ends. At this point the client node leaves the cluster as well. 3. Then you run the same test again *without any code modifications*, ie, exactly the same class on the same client node. I assume that even if the server node already cached the class during the 1st test run, it should be no problem for the 2nd test run. But unfortunately it fails with "ignitetest.Task cannot be cast to ignitetest.Task", which I believe is due to class loaders being different.

In 1.5.0 even the 1st run of the test fails due to a problem you reported in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-2339

It will pass the 1st run if you switch to OptimizedMarshaller that is a default one in 1.4.0. Just set IgniteConfiguration.setMarshaller(new OptimizedMarshaller()) and you will see that everything will work the same in 1.5.0.
However the second run will fail as in case with 1.4.0.

Actually, what I would like to achieve is the following (in 3 steps):

1. Have my original test pass, regardless of how many times I call the test. This is a baseline. 2. Modify my test so that after I finish each test run, I can *modify* the code of Task class, and my change is reflected in the subsequent test run, ie, the server node will process the Task class with its new definition. 3. Multiple client nodes can have their own Task class definitions that run on the cluster at the same time, assuming that they create *different* queues for their tasks. Actually they will also broadcast their own IgniteCallables to the cluster (note that in particular they can broadcast the same IgniteCallable class, each in its own different version). But I'm always assuming that a given queue is created/maintained/filled by one client node therefore it will never mix objects with different versions of the same class.

    My suggestion is the same is it was before. Avoid usage of the
    distributed queue but rather start sending ignite compute tasks
    for execution from the beginning.

    Will this work for you?

In my setup, it is simply more logical to model the computation as IgniteCallables being broadcast to the cluster and then they pull tasks from a distributed queue. Actually, the distributed queue (and other distributed structures provided by Ignite) was one of main reasons that attracted me to try it out. And I really like them and their simple usage :) Without the use of distributed structures I think managing my computations would probably be more cumbersome. But I will of course think about it, and maybe I will come up with a suitable model.

Seems that I got the idea why you had decided to use a distributed queue in this particular case. This way you try to send several jobs for execution at once and wants them to be executed uniformly by all nodes that are available.
Is this assumption correct?

If I'm right then I will suggest you create your own ComputeTask that will be split and mapped to "less" loaded nodes using a load balancer. I've prepared a code sample for you [1]. Please go through it. If anything is unclear then let me know.

Here [2] you can read more on load balancing that is implemented and used by compute engine out of the box.

[1] https://gist.github.com/dmagda/3a78e7d01d9fffd7bc66
[2] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/load-balancing

Regards,
Denis