Vladimir,

in my original tests I used two nodes, one owning the permit and the second
one waiting in acqire(). I then used a poison-pill (using a client and from
a separate JVM) to shutdown both nodes at the same time (similar to the
solution posted here:
http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/How-shutdown-all-nodes-td1531.html).

So, when all nodes but the last one are closed - it's a single node scenario
:)
The source I provided produces the same effects I get in a multi-node setup,
I just thought it easier to reproduce. I could provide a more complex
multi-node (+client) example, if that is of any help.

Thanks,
Mario