Philipp,

Messaging works on top of Ignite internal communication sub-system. Message
delivery is guaranteed, unless recipient node has not left the grid. If it
leaves (i.e. topology gets EVT_NODE_LEFT or EVT_NODE_FAILED),  then sender
clears internal queue associated with left node. When node receives the
messages it sends internal acks to let sender now that messages can be
removed from queue.

Message correctness is not checked additionally - we rely on TCP here.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Thanks!

--Yakov