Another question from the Gitter chat.

Why the cache.metrics().cacheHits is 0, even if I do call cache.get(key) and
it returns a stored value from the cache?
How it can be?

<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/n4769/Cache_metrics.png>

metrics.size returns 1, but also metrics.isEmpty returns true

Do I need somehow to enable the metrics?

For the image above, I've used SpringCacheManager to enable Read Through
cache on my datastore repository.

While I was trying to reproduce simpler setup locally (without
SpringCacheManager), like the one below:

package experiments.ignite;

import org.apache.ignite.Ignite;
import org.apache.ignite.IgniteCache;
import org.apache.ignite.Ignition;
import org.apache.ignite.configuration.CacheConfiguration;
import org.apache.ignite.configuration.IgniteConfiguration;

public class CacheMetrics {
    public static void main(final String[] args) throws InterruptedException
{
        final CacheConfiguration<String, Integer> cacheConfiguration = new
CacheConfiguration<>("sample");

        final IgniteConfiguration igniteConfiguration = new
IgniteConfiguration()
                .setGridName("experiments")
                .setMetricsUpdateFrequency(1) // every millisecond
                .setCacheConfiguration(cacheConfiguration);

        final Ignite ignite = Ignition.start(igniteConfiguration);

        final IgniteCache<String, Integer> cache = ignite.cache("sample");
        cache.put("a", (int) 'a');
        final int value = cache.get("a");
        assert value == 97;

        @SuppressWarnings("unused") final Integer missing = cache.get("z");

        assert cache.metrics().getCacheHits() == 0;
        assert cache.metrics().getCacheMisses() == 0;
        assert cache.metrics().getSize() == 1;
        assert !cache.metrics().isEmpty();
    }
}

It worked fine (i.e. isEmpty() is false now), but still both cacheHits and
cacheMisses are 0.