Hi,

I am re-posting an earlier message to which I did not get any replies
because I was not subscribed to the mailing list:

I am trying to get the values from the eviction events. This works fine with
the ONHEAP_TIERED version but not with OFFHEAP_VALUES and OFFHEAP_TIERED -
in that cases the hasOldValue is true but the actual value is null.

What we are trying to accomplish is to persist entries to a database only
when they either get removed, expired or evicted because the max cache size
is reached and it looks like those events are the only way to accomplish
this.

A quick glance at the code would suggest that in the
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.GridCacheEvictionManager one
could replace line 708 from

CacheObject oldVal = recordable ? entry.rawGet() : null;

CacheObject oldVal = recordable ? entry.rawGetOrUnmarshal(false) : null;

to get the values attached to the events. Would that work?

Thanks,

Abraham