Kristian,

I am a little bit confused by the example you provided in your first
e-mail. From the code I see that you create a cache dynamically by calling
getOrCreateCache, and the next line asserts that cache size is equal to a
knownRemoteCacheSize. This does not make sense to me because cache creation
is a distributed operation and it is created on all nodes at once. So
either a cache was created by this call and it's size is equal to zero, or
it was created prior to this call and cache size must be the same on all
nodes in SYNC mode.

More specifically, SYNC rebalance mode means that Ignition.start() and all
public Cache API calls will be blocked until after rebalancing for such a
cache is finished.

--AG