That would be topic for discussion on how off heap actually work. My
understanding  is to start with object creation will happen on heap (YG)
and then moved to Old or Off heap.

If allocation of object creation (I believe after that only you will
associating them in a map (key.value cache), is quit high, say larger than
YG size , per sec, then application will be engaged in GC triggered due to
not being able to allocation.

Do you see GC trigerred for YG and messages such as Allocation Failure.
Have you enabled GC logging.