Let's see...

1) we've got 5 hosts running the service, each of which has an ignite
instance.
2) we currently don't have any ignite-only nodes, just the ones embedded in
the service.
3)  spring-ignitecache.xml
<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/n8086/spring-ignitecache.xml>

4) 1.7.0
5) I was tasked with trying out a distributed cache to see if it would give
us better performance than the local ehcache we're using currently.  Because
of the way we do requests, as regards batching, querying by id, etc, it may
be that a distributed cache just doesn't actually make sense for us,
unfortunately.  Failure, however, is always an option.