Hi Val,
    the reason is that "assignPartitions()" returns same
"List<List&lt;ClusterNode>>" usually even I start two ignite nodes.

    last Friday, I refactor it as below:[

@Override
        public List<List&lt;ClusterNode>> assignPartitions(final
AffinityFunctionContext affCtx)
        {
                final List<ClusterNode> nodes =
affCtx.currentTopologySnapshot();
                int tmpi = 0;
                final List<List&lt;ClusterNode>> assignments = new
ArrayList<>(2);
                for (int i = 0; i < 2; i++)
                {
                        final List<ClusterNode> partAssignment = new
ArrayList<ClusterNode>();

                        partAssignment.add(nodes.get(tmpi));

                        if (tmpi < nodes.size() - 1)
                        {
                                tmpi++;
                        }

                        assignments.add(partAssignment);

                }
                return assignments;
        }
]

     and it return result like:
list[0] -> node1;
list[1] -> node2.

    it is what I want.

    I don't think the original "assignPartitions()" has bug. (there are lots
of people use it without error, right?)
    but why "assignPartitions()" returns to me the same node# List ?