I will try out continuous query. In mean time I tried other approach, each
node in cluster registers cache entry listener -

IgniteCache cache = ignite.getOrCreateCache(CACHE_NAME);
cache.registerCacheEntryListener(......);

With this, listeners are being called on each registered node and I am able
to define specific cache and specific kind of events to listen.
This works without configuring events in configuration (includeEventTypes).

Since event listeners on each node is called this seems simpler to work with
and probably less expensive because of specific cache used for listeners.

Referring from -
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.query.continuous.GridCacheContinuousQueryMultiNodesFilteringTest

Could you please comment on this approach?