Another example of this not really adding up: I run a test hitting a bunch of
data.  We get a low cache hit rate, as expected, but presumably we're
filling the cache with everything we missed.  Nothing is getting removed
from the cache, according to the metrics through jconsole.  So then I run
the exact same requests.  We get a HIGHER hit rate (~25%) but still very far
away from 100%, which is what I'd think we would get given that we're
querying exclusively for stuff we already queried for.