Well the data is in memory - do you have a concern that another process on the
same machine as the Ignite daemon can read it - there might be better ways then
encryption to solve it. If you are concerned about swapping to disk then try to
reduce the risk and/or encrypt the hard drive.

In the scenario you mentioned - how does the client fetching the data encrypt
in memory (if at all).

There are some research projects addressing this with additional hardware or
complete new ways of accesses, but they are in some cases slow and also it is
not always needed.
Cf
1) spark research project with sgx (cf amplabs)
2) mit cryptdb (http://css.csail.mit.edu/cryptdb/)