I am trying to use Ignite AtomicLong, I've configured the XML according to
the official documentation:

<property name="atomicConfiguration">
            <bean
class="org.apache.ignite.configuration.AtomicConfiguration">
                <property name="backups" value="1"/>
            </bean>
</property>

Although when I run the application, I get the following exception, and
Ignite is failing to start:

org.apache.ignite.IgniteException: Affinity key backups mismatch (fix
affinity key backups in
cache configuration or set
-DIGNITE_SKIP_CONFIGURATION_CONSISTENCY_CHECK=true system property)
[cacheName=ignite-atomics-sys-cache, localAffinityKeyBackups=0,
remoteAffinityKeyBacku
ps=1, rmtNodeId=ffaee6a8-19b2-4168-8d9d-dafd4f9a1316]

I suppose Ignite atomics are implemented using the normal Ignite cache
underneath, although as we (as consumers) don't have access to this internal
cache, so I would expect Ignite will take care of the proper cache setup.
But instead I see the exception above.

Is it a bug in Ignite? And what does it mean and how it can be fixed? (yes,
setting  -DIGNITE_SKIP_CONFIGURATION_CONSISTENCY_CHECK=true makes it work,
but also makes me feel uncomfortable about the approach).

Any ideas on this?

Using Ignite 1.7.0.