Andrey, do you think topology changes with client nodes (not server nodes)
leaving and joining the cluster may have any impact on transaction?

twice out of the 4 times we saw topology changes while the last successful
update was done to the key that was eventually locked.

Yesterday we saw this same issue on another cache. We are due for 1.8
upgrade soon, but given that no one else has seen this issue before, we are
not sure if 1.8 would have fixed it either.

Let us know what you think.

Thanks,
Binti