Hi Dmitry,
Thanks for the suggestion. It does not seem to make a difference and the
calling thread still seems to block before an exception gets thrown from the
TcpCommunicationSpi

It appears you can tweak how quickly the exception gets throws by adjusting
the failureDetectionTimeout on the cache configuration however this is not
that desirable as we run across a variety of network topologies and don't
want to tune this value for all our cache instances. We really do want to
fire and forget if someone is listening, great. If they're not no problem
either.

I've written a quick example to demonstrate the behaviour - appreciate if
you could take a look and advise

Cheers
messaging-reproducer.zip
<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/n11329/messaging-reproducer.zip>