Hi Val,

the use case is the following

1) Load data into the database from an external system
2) Once ready load it into the grid
3) Process something that does massive write behinds
4) Take a snapshot of the results (or) Do a backup of the tables   <<--- At
this point I need the eventual consistency to ...eventually be

At step 4 I cannot afford to have some update still in progress. This is
even more important since because of write behind I cannot maintain
referential integrity (since the insert/update are done in a random order)