Hi Chris,

One of the most significant changes made in 2.0 was moving to an off-heap
storage by default. This means that each time you do a get(), your value
gets deserialized, which might be an overhead (though, I would be a bit
surprised if this causes the 10x drop).

Can you try setting CacheConfiguration#setOnheapCacheEnabled(true) and
check if performance gets back?