>>> What is the exact scenario when cache is not available? If this means
absence of node A, then you can lose after initialization of B,

It is just a test. In real project, of course, there are many nodes holding
the cache. Node A represents a part of cluster.

>>> I would recommend to use Ignite#getOrCreateCache method

Yes, on the nodes keeping and serving the cache. "Client" nodes don't
provide the cache configuration. They can only use cache(). I moved the
cache acquring in a handler of ContextRefreshedEvent. Looks enough for now.

>>> In addition, it sounds like node B can be a client which eliminates a
>>> requirement to have a node filter.

No. It's a server node for another purposes. We don't want to spread some
caches across whole cluster bit only on dedicated nodes. Often they are the
ones which need faster access to the cache.

>>> This sounds weird, I think there is some other factor that we're
>>> missing. Can you create a simple GitHub project that reproduces this
>>> behavior and share it with us?

Ok. Once I get time I'll create a special topic.

Thanks