Yes if I create partition using hive, select works fine. Please see last two
bullets of my previous comment. Copying here for your quick reference:

-      Now insert new row in the table to the partition created through code
earlier
        insert into table stocks3 PARTITION (years=2017,months=7,days=4)
values('AAPL',1501236980,120.34);
-       Run select query again. Now it gives 3 rows. Two of which were
inserted
using insert command and one through code which was not coming in select
query earlier.