Hi,

Can you describe how did you observe that entry isn't stored in RAM and
write a simple reproducer, if possible?

By design, page with requested data should be loaded from disk to off-heap
RAM when it is accessed for the first time. It should evict that page only
when memory segment gets full. To me on v2.1 it works as expected.