Hi,
1. Persistence and Data Eviction are alternative options to handle
out-of-memory scenarios.Persistence makes Ignite fill all available RAM and
move the oldest page to the “disk” part of the cache when there is not enough
memory.
Data eviction policy makes Ignite to completely remove some entries or memory
pages from the cache depending on the policy.Persistence comes at cost of
performance but gives us virtually unlimited reliable cache.Use the one or the
other.

2. No, if you have no backups configured and a node goes down the data becomes
unavailable. Persistence will not help - only partitions that a nodes owns are
persisted on the node. Configure backups to address the issue.
Best regards, Alexey

On Thursday, August 10, 2017, 5:38:50 AM GMT+3, userx <gagan...@gmail.com>