*From:* Dmitriy Setrakyan [mailto:dsetrak...@apache.org]
*Sent:* Tuesday, September 5, 2017 6:12 PM
*To:* user <user@ignite.apache.org>
*Subject:* Re: Specifying location of persistent storage location

On Mon, Sep 4, 2017 at 8:40 PM, Raymond Wilson <raymond_wil...@trimble.com>
wrote:

Thanks.

I get the utility of specifying the network address to bind to; I’m not
convinced using that to derive the name of the internal data store is a
good idea! J

 For instance, what if you have to move a persistent data store to a
different server? Or are you saying everybody sets LocalHost or 120.0.0.1
to ensure the folder name is always essentially local host?

I think what you are asking about is a database backup or a snapshot.
Ignite does not support it out of the box, but you may wish to look at the
3rd party solutions, e.g. the one provided by GridGain -
https://docs.gridgain.com/docs/data-snapshots