Hi,

I assume you have backups=0 for your cache (otherwise you should not see
data loss). There are two ways to achieve what you need:
1) Set PartitionLossPolicy different from IGNORE in your cache
configuration. This way your clients will get an exception when trying to
read a lost key. After a stopped node is restarted, you need to call
resetLostPartitions() to restore the cluster state.
2) Set backups=1. This way you should have full availability even when a
node leaves the cluster.

Hope this helps,
AG