Hi Raj,

Affinity collocation is an essential part of distributed caches and databases
like Ignite that allows to store related data on the same cluster machine and,
thus, making performance of particular operations much faster.

These resources will help you to grasp the idea and usefulness of this concept:
-
https://www.gridgain.com/resources/blog/apache-cassandra-vs-apache-ignite-affinity-collocation-and-distributed-sql
-
https://www.gridgain.com/resources/webinars/in-memory-computing-essentials-architects-and-developers-part-2