I tried that, and it does work with it disabled but i needed the
peerClassLoading enabled. we have a microservice setup and so lots of
different things are interacting with our ignite cluster to get data. we
have stuff making continuous queries and regular sql queries. so multiple
different apps are throwing runnable's into the ignite cluster and what not
so we need the peerClassLoading because it would be really really ugly code
for us to statically tell ignite that its going to get asked to use so many
different classes.

Thankfully, I was able to figure this out. In reading more about the
peerClassLoading on the ignite api website.
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/zero-deployment

I have added a few more properties to my ignite config (and the client
connection ignite config) and it's working now.

<bean class="org.apache.ignite.configuration.IgniteConfiguration"
id="ignite.cfg">
    <property name="peerClassLoadingEnabled" value="true"/>
    <property name="deploymentMode" value="CONTINUOUS"/>
    <property name="peerClassLoadingMissedResourcesCacheSize" value="0"/>

so i used the deployment Mode Continuous instead of the default 'shared' and
i've eliminated the missedResourceCacheSize to ensure that all the nodes
have the same info on the classes it needs.