Zbyszek,

I don't there is an issue. You start two nodes with one backup, therefore
eviction never happens. You basically have a fully replicated dataset at
this point. Try to start a third node, you should start getting remove()
callbacks then.

Indexes on backups are needed for failover. If primary node fails, you
still have the data in cache as well as indexes for this data.

-Val