Hi Naveen,

When you’re using Ignite SQL queries they aren’t processed by the Oracle’s SQL
engine.
Instead, Ignite will process the SQL itself (via H2 database engine) and get
the data from its cache.
For that to work you need to first preload the data to the cache via a
CacheStore.loadCache() – and to implement
that you’ll need to query the data from Oracle using Oracle SQL.
Other words, when you use Oracle as the persistent storage and access Ignite’s
data via SQL
you have 2 SQL dialects:
- Ignite’s (basically H2’s) dialect used by the application to get data from
Ignite’s cache
- Oracle’s dialect used by the CacheStore implementation to load the data from
Oracle DB

If you use Ignite native persistence, you will not have a CacheStore and no
second SQL dialect.
The queries that the application use to access Ignite’s cache stay the same
since Ignite’s SQL doesn’t
rely on which persistence mechanism is enabled.

For the reference on the SQL syntax supported by Ignite please see
https://apacheignite-sql.readme.io/docs/dml.

Thanks,
Stan