Native Graph Db like Neo4J etc. are not distributed.
All distributed Graph DBs like DGraph (with Badger), JanusGraph (with
Cassandra/HBase) are all based on Key Value Database for a good reason that
its a Key Value structure which provides best scaling Capabilities. I would
go to the extent saying it is because Apache Ignite is based KV structure I
keen to use it in my project. KV store is most flexible and scalable IMHO.
Modern NewSQL databases like CockroachDB and TiDB are also based on KV
structure and they not definitely not same as Postgresql and MySql.