Hi Scott,

With eagetTTL=false, each time you access an entry its TTL is automatically
checked - if it is expired, the entry will be removed. It means that instead
of having a separate thread waking up and removing all of the expired
entries at the same time (and taking a chunk of CPU and IO for a noticeable
period of time), you'll be removing them over time. On average, individual
accesses may become a bit more expensive (because some of them will trigger
removal) but that will allow you to avoid latency spikes.

About the truncate - I think there is no API to do that based on partitions.
I guess you could try creating a new cache for each batch and destroying it
after you don't need it anymore, but it's hard to say whether it will be
more efficient.

Stan