I have been playing with this for a while, and managed to get an external
client node get into the topology, but it failed to communicate to the cluster.
Some points:1. Used TcpDiscoveryKubernetesIpFinder for sever nodes
2. Exposed pods via NodePort on custom ports (higher than 30000); more flexible
than hostNetwork = True
3. Created an address resolver for finding and communication SPIs, so that pods
addresses are conveyed to the external client.4. Used TcpDiscoveryVmIpFinder
for the client to successfully join the topology.
Unfortunately, TcpCommunicationSPI fails to connect to the server nodes. The
client has all addresses of the ClusterNode it attempts to connect to,
including internal pods' IP, 127.0.0.1, 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0 and external IP, but
fails to reach the external IP from the list (see
TcpCommunicationSPI.createTcpClient). Having ClusterNode expose only the
address that was registered by the address resolver might fix it (haven't
checked yet) -- anyway, I think the client should not be provided with and
communicate via internal addresses iff external addresses are provided, should
it?
-- Roman

    On Thursday, April 5, 2018, 3:33:10 p.m. GMT+9, sid_human