I have a node running in AWS launched from the apache ignite ami which runs
ignite in a docker container. The ignite container runs. However, it does not
register it's ip in the discovery S3 bucket. Can anyone that has this running
in AWS let me know what I'm missing here?

I created a public s3 bucket with my config and also created an s3 bucket for
discovery.

The IAM user created for this has full s3 permissions.

I also have an IAM role that has full s3 permissions and am launching the
instance with this role.

When launching the instance I provide the following user data to be passed:

IGNITE_CONFIG=http://MY-IGNITE-BUCKET-NAME.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/ignite-amazon-config.xml
OPTION_LIBS=ignite-log4j,ignite-aws
ES_BUCKET= MY-DISCOVERY-BUCKET-NAME
AWS_ACCESS_KEY=ABCDEFGHIJKLMOPQRST
AWS_SECRET_KEY=SeMBTApExiaP2Xj+czYUEsWB4k2gJhFi6LfNwoPH
IGNITE_CONFIG=latest

This is the content of my config file:

<property name="discoverySpi">
  <bean class="org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.TcpDiscoverySpi">
    <property name="ipFinder">
      <bean
class="org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.ipfinder.s3.TcpDiscoveryS3IpFinder">
        <property name="bucketName" value="${ES_BUCKET}"/>
        <property name="awsCredentials">
          <bean class="com.amazonaws.auth.BasicAWSCredentials">
            <constructor-arg value="${AWS_ACCESS_KEY}"/>
            <constructor-arg value="${AWS_SECRET_KEY}"/>
          </bean>
        </property>
      </bean>
    </property>