From: Calvin KL Wong, CLSA [mailto:calvin.kl.w...@clsa.com]
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2018 11:50 AM
To: user@ignite.apache.org
Subject: OptimizedMarshaller instead of BinaryMarshaller is used for ScanQuery

Hi,

I have a cache of <Integer, POJO>.
I found that when I use a ScanQuery on that cache, result will be deserialized
using OptimizedMarshaller; Ignite sends 'ordered' message using
GridCacheQueryResonseEntry.  Whereas if I use ContinousQuery, result will be
deserialized using BinaryMarshaller.

My problem is that ScanQuery won't be able to handle class versioning.

Question:

1.       I am using "keepBinary" and BinaryObject on the cache to avoid
versioning related problem.  Is that the recommended approach?  Because it
seems strange that "ScanQuery" and "ContinousQuery" have different behaviour.

2.       What is the recommended way to convert BinaryObject into POJO?  Ignite
website talks about getting field of each object using 'BinaryObject.field()'.
 However, Ignite uses 'BinaryReaderExImpl implements BinaryReader' internally.
How can I get a reference to that object?

Thanks,
Calvin

Calvin KL Wong
Sr. Lead Engineer, Execution Services
D  +852 2600 7983  |  M  +852 9267 9471  |  T  +852 2600 8888
5/F, One Island East, 18 Westlands Road, Island East, Hong Kong

[:1. Social Media Icons:CLSA_Social Media
Icons_linkedin.png]<https://hk.linkedin.com/company/clsa>[:1. Social Media
Icons:CLSA_Social Media
Icons_twitter.png]<https://twitter.com/clsainsights?lang=en>[:1. Social Media
Icons:CLSA_Social Media
Icons_youtube.png]<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0qWp_lLnOcRYmBlCNQgZKA>[:1.
 Social Media Icons:CLSA_Social Media
Icons_facebook.png]<https://www.facebook.com/clsacommunity/>

clsa.com<https://www.clsa.com/>
Insights. Liquidity. Capital.

[CLSA_RGB]<https://www.clsa.com/member>

A CITIC Securities Company

The content of this communication is intended for the recipient and is subject
to CLSA Legal and Regulatory Notices.
These can be viewed at https://www.clsa.com/disclaimer.html or sent to you upon
request.
Please consider before printing. CLSA is ISO14001 certified and committed to
reducing its impact on the environment.