Hello!

As far as my understanding goes, ZookeeperClusterNode is not a Zookeeper
daemon but a cluster node (i.e. Apache Ignite) which is managed by
Zookeeper discovery. So it's natural that a connection will be initiated to
such node.

Modern TCP firewalls usually null route connection attempts to closed
ports, hence you can not see communication problems for a long time and yet
the connection won't be established.

Ilya Kasnacheev

> The logs do not indicate any connectivity problem, unless I am missing it,
> in which case please point it out to me.
>
> The messages seem to be getting through fine, but the server thinks there
> is a connection which does not exist, so it rejects it.  This seems to
> happen because the communication SPI has opened a connection to zookeeper.
> Why would the communications SPI ( not discovery )  be initiating a
> connection to zookeeper?
> it seems like the connection to zookeeper is making an entry in the array
> of GridCommunicationClient that is causing the communications SPI to think
> a client is connected when it is not, and to reject the connections.
>
> If this is off base, please tell me what I am missing.
>

> On Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 6:25 AM, Ilya Kasnacheev <
> ilya.kasnach...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello!
>>
>> This might happen when there's connectivity problems, i.e. when node A
>> can connect to node B but not vice versa.
>>
>> You can also try increasing socketWriteTimeout on communicationSpi if
>> communication connections die mid-flight.
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> --
>> Ilya Kasnacheev

>>> When using zoo keeper discovery I am getting intermittent errors with
>>> clients
>>> connecting.
>>>
>>> Scenario - I have one ignite server running, try to connect with 4
>>> clients.
>>>
>>> For one of the connecting clients the socket between the client and
>>> server
>>> is never established and the log repeats the message
>>> o.a.i.s.c.tcp.TcpCommunicationSpi - Received incoming connection from
>>> remote
>>> node while connecting to this node, rejecting
>>>
>>> The problem is intermittent, but whenever it happens, I see a log entry
>>> that
>>> the server is initiating a connection to zoo keeper.
>>> o.a.i.s.c.tcp.TcpCommunicationSpi - Creating NIO client to node:
>>> ZookeeperClusterNode [id=8b66ad54-0357-43a5-8d6e-0d11eda90b10,