Hello Ray,

It's hard to say that the issue you mentioned is the cause of your problem.
To determine it, it will be very good if you get thread dumps on next such
network glitch both from server and client nodes (using jstack e.g.).
I'm not aware of Ignite Spark DataFrames implementation features, but in
general, in case of any node join/left Ignite cluster triggers process
named PME (Partitions Map Exchange).
During this process, all write operations to the cluster are frozen until
PME end. In your case, PME has performed a long time due to communication
issues between server nodes (server nodes were unable to send an
acknowledgment to each other to continue PME, while Discovery worked well
which is a bit strange). This can cause why you didn't see updates.
In case of client connection exception, a client node should try to
reconnect to another server node and complete his data write futures with
an exception, so Spark Executor which uses client node to stream data to
Ignite should catch this network exception and perform re-connect and
retry of data batch writing.

For more details about Spark DataFrames implementation in Ignite, you may
ask Nikolay Izhikov (I attached his email as the recipient in this letter).