Hello,

I do have a bunch of caches that I would like to have replicated but to keep
them "read only" after a certain point. It is a fairly standard use case.
There are master (exchange rates) that are fixed once and for all for a
given (set of processes). Once loaded there is no reason to bother with
locking and transactionality.

I looked at the implementation and there are quite a number of gates and
checks that are in place. I wonder how to work around these.

I there a way to simulate this? Maybe there are even more things that we can
temporary disable to speed up common read only use cases.