I have a potential work flow where I may need to find a set of elements in
a cache where the values are not be small (1-100Kb say), and where the
numbers of elements in the cache may be large (many millions).

Each key contains fields the scan query could use to select the entries I
want.

Will the scan query only read keys from the store while it is determining
which items in the cache match the query, and then pull the matching values
to return back to the scan query client? Or does scan query read all
key/value data then apply its conditions before returning the matching
items?

Thanks,

Raymond.