Hello!

As far as my understanding goes, MERGE INTO is not optimized, this means it
will try to lock key (a subset of table data even) before writing to table
and maybe hold them all until batch is finished.

Using MERGE INTO were discouraged by Ignite SQL developers last time I have
asked. It exists mostly as legacy from H2.

Ilya Kasnacheev