There are no plans for thick client for python, but there are
plans for Compute for thin clients. I think, as a first step we may
add ability to call Java jobs from python. It will still require to write
some java code from a user, but it will accept and return values
data in python's native format. Will this cover your scenario? There
are no yet work is going on in this field so it may be a good time to
collect opinions and user use cases.

Best Regards,
Igor