Are you able to reproduce this issue using SQL only?
Could you share the DDL, insert and select statements that lead to the
described issue?

I tried the following queries, but they work as expected.

CREATE TABLE people (id int PRIMARY key, first_name varchar, last_name varchar);

INSERT INTO people (id, first_name, last_name) VALUES (1, 'John', 'Doe');
INSERT INTO people (id, first_name, last_name) VALUES (2, 'John', 'Foe');

SELECT id FROM people;