From: Ivan Pavlukhin <vololo...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 3, 2019 6:12 PM
To: user@ignite.apache.org <user@ignite.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Alter table issue

Hi Shravya,

It is a know issue. You can find more details in ticket [1].

вт, 3 дек. 2019 г. в 07:54, Shravya Nethula
<shravya.neth...@aline-consulting.com<mailto:shravya.neth...@aline-consulting.com>>:
Hi,

I added a new column in an existing table using the following query:
ALTER TABLE person ADD COLUMN (order_id LONG)

Now, I am trying to change the datatype of the new column, so I tried executing
the following queries:
ALTER TABLE person DROP COLUMN (order_id)
ALTER TABLE person ADD COLUMN (order_id VARCHAR(64))

Now when I am trying to insert a row with "varchar" value in "order_id" column,
it is throwing the following error:
Error: Wrong value has been set
[typeName=SQL_PUBLIC_PERSON_fc7e0bd5_d052_43c1_beaf_fb01b65f2f96,
fieldName=ORDER_ID, fieldType=long, assignedValueType=String]

In this link: https://apacheignite-sql.readme.io/docs/alter-table
The command does not remove actual data from the cluster which means that if
the column 'name' is dropped, the value of the 'name' will still be stored in
the cluster. This limitation is to be addressed in the next releases.

I saw that there is a limitation in Alter Table. So in which release can this
support be provided? What is the tentative date?

Regards,

Shravya Nethula,

BigData Developer,

[cid:16ecbc726072e8c0d661]