> 1) Is this possible, in either client or server mode?

Yes.

> 2) If yes, I assume, I'd need one JDBC connection per cache, as I see it is
> possible to specify only one cache per JDBC connection. Is this right?

No. You can access any cache that has SQL enabled as long as you fully qualify
it.

> 3) Is this also true if I need to join multiple tables/caches?

See above.

> 4) Can I specify my caches in XML config file and just pass the config file
> to the JDBC connection?

If you use the thin JDBC driver, you just need a host name and port. For a
thick client you wouldn’t need to specify the caches in the XML file (though if
they’re in there it won’t be a problem).

> 5) Will I get the same load performance if I JDBC with streaming set to true
> as I'd using the streamer module directly (I see that I can specify most of
> the streamer config options on JDBC connection configuration)?

You mean the IgniteDataStreamer? If so, no. At the very least, it has to parse
the SQL which the data streamer doesn’t have to do.

Regards,
Stephen