Prasad,

The current version in the entry is checked agains the version which was
read from the very same entry, so with absence of concurrent updates the
version will be the same.

>From your description, I think there might be a concurrent read for the key
that you clear which loads the value on primary node with a different
version. Then, the read happening inside transaction always reads the value
from backup which leads to a permanent version mismatch; I reproduced this
scenario locally. The -DIGNITE_READ_LOAD_BALANCING=false fixes the issue at
a price of disabling read load balancing.

I will create a ticket for the issue shortly, perhaps someone from the
community will pick it up.