Thanks for the thoughts Ilya and Vladimir.

We'll do a comparison with 2.9 when it releases to see if that makes any
difference.

One of the advantages with persistent storage is that it is effectively
'instant start'. Our WAL size is around 5Gb, perhaps this should be
decreased to reduce system start-up time?

Thanks,
Raymond.

On Wed, Sep 30, 2020 at 7:31 AM Vladimir Pligin <vova199...@yandex.ru>
wrote:

> It's possible that it happens because of
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-13068.
> We need to scan the entire SQL primary index during startup in case you
> have
> at least on query entity configured.
> As far as I can see it's going to be a part of the Ignite 2.9 release.

<http://www.trimble.com/>
Raymond Wilson
Solution Architect, Civil Construction Software Systems (CCSS)
11 Birmingham Drive | Christchurch, New Zealand
+64-21-2013317 Mobile
raymond_wil...@trimble.com

<https://worksos.trimble.com/?utm_source=Trimble&utm_medium=emailsign&utm_campaign=Launch>