Hi Anton,

Thank you for the reply .

>>I can confirm that there is no SEGMENTED event thrown on 2.8.1.

I guess you meant that there is no SEGMENTED event thrown  in 2.8.1 client
when the servers are brought down and started again. Because SEGMENTED event
could be thrown in 2.8.1 in other scenarios as well I guess, like a long GC
pause .

I have captured the logs for 2.7.6 client , where it receives a SEGMENTED
event. On closer look, it looks like the client's attempt to reconnect
failed in this case with 'Authentication Failure' and this has caused the
SEGMENTED event.

Check this part of the log in the attached log :
2020-10-08 09:59:33,327
[tcp-client-disco-msg-worker-#4%ProjectClient-null-igniteclient-SINGLE%]
ERROR
com.company.projectname.project.common.plugin.discoveryspi.CustomTcpDiscoverySpi
[] - Failed to reconnect, segment local node.
org.apache.ignite.spi.IgniteSpiException: Authentication failed
        at
org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.TcpDiscoverySpi.checkFailedError(TcpDiscoverySpi.java:1946)
~[ignite-core-2.7.6.jar:2.7.6]
        at
org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.ClientImpl$MessageWorker.body(ClientImpl.java:1888)
~[ignite-core-2.7.6.jar:2.7.6]
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.util.worker.GridWorker.run(GridWorker.java:120)
~[ignite-core-2.7.6.jar:2.7.6]
        at
org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.ClientImpl$1.body(ClientImpl.java:304)
~[ignite-core-2.7.6.jar:2.7.6]
        at org.apache.ignite.spi.IgniteSpiThread.run(IgniteSpiThread.java:62)
~[ignite-core-2.7.6.jar:2.7.6]
2020-10-08 09:59:33,328
[tcp-client-disco-msg-worker-#4%ProjectClient-null-igniteclient-SINGLE%]
DEBUG

In 2.8.1, we have changed the security plugin , hence looks like the client
is able to reconnect successfully.

In terms of the client, do we need to have the below 2 EVENT handlers? :
1. EVT_NODE_SEGMENTED - to restart the node and deploy and continuous
queries if needed.
2. EVT_CLIENT_NODE_RECONNECTED - to just deploy the continuous queries ( no
restart of node needed, since the node is already connected )

SegmentedClientLogs.txt
<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/t2757/SegmentedClientLogs.txt>

regards,
Veena