Hi, could anyone please help understand why the heap of a client app has such
large amounts of data pertaining to binary meta data?

Here it takes up 30mb but in our UAT environment we have approx 50 caches.
The binary meta data that gets added to the client's heap equats to around
220mb (even for a very simple app that doesn't do any subscriptions - it
just calls Igition.start() to connect to the cluster)

It seems meta is kept on the client for every cache even if the client app
needs it or not. Is there any way to tune this at all - e.g. knowing that a
particular client is only interested in a particular cache?

Screenshot:

<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/t2797/binaryMetadata.png>

Thanks