Hello!

Why do you expect it to scale if you are only seem to run this in a single
thread?

In a distributed system, throughput will scale with cluster growth, but
latency will be steady or become slightly worse.

You need to run the same thread with sufficient number of threads, and
maybe using more than one client (VM and all) to drive load in order to
saturate it.

What is the CPU usage during the test on server nodes, per cluster size?

Ilya Kasnacheev