Hi Nikitin,

When Impala builds, it depends on Hadoop. More specifically, it links (in a
C++ sense) against 'libhdfs.so' and 'libhadoop.so' to enable reading from
HDFS during query execution. (It also does this for Kudu.) On the frontend,
it uses Maven to grab dependencies (especially HDFS, Hive, Sentry, HBase,
and Kudu) to compile the relevant Java code.

If you're building Impala from scratch, you'll want to build Impala against
the same versions of the components as you're running in your cluster.

-- Philip