oh no....why?? just why?? we are about to upgrade to 2.12...

Todd, can this "improvement" get rolled back? This a breaking change and
does not contribute to making anything better. And now the only good way to
swap Kudu tables is gone.

I am really frustrated. IMPALA-5654
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IMPALA-5654> should never been
approved without giving users a good alternative.

Boris